Well February is almost gone and I have not even got started on the spring gardening chores. Why am I concerned with the garden so early, because when march comes things can get real busy trying to get it all together.
There is lots to go ahead and get done.
- Lay out a garden plan
- Check seed inventory and order seeds
- Get prepared to start seeds indoors
- Check tools and other equipment including irrigation system for good working condition
- Think about improving garden by adding a simple and efficient drip irrigation system or adding a raised bed
- Check progress of compost bins and worm bins manage them so that you have good compost for spring
- Woody plants such as apple trees, grape vines, and rose bushes need to be pruned
- Have fun and get excited about the coming of spring!