Worms are of course perishable in nature, however we have had excellent success shipping and it is extremely rare to have a problem. Orders within the USA ussually arrive 2 days after shipping, but worms can survive for more than a month with our shipping method and materials. Please read the following to understand our shipping policy.
- We ship worms year round.
- We ship using USPS Priority mail. Delivery to most areas is 2 days. Rural areas and the west coast often take a day longer.
- From March to November we ship at least twice a week. Generally Tuesday and Friday.
- During the winter months we ship once a week. Generally on Tuesday.
- Orders shipped on Friday are generally received on Monday.
- Orders shipped on Tuesday are generally received on Thursday.
- Since worms cannot be "shelved" for shipping at will, we must harvest an estimated amount of worms before shipping day. We try to get orders out as soon as possible, but please be patient if they are delays. Sometimes weather can interfere with harvesting. If you must have your worms by a certain date, please contact me to see if they can be shipped on time.
- We ship anywhere in the USA and territories. Including Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. However only the 48 contiguous states are covered under our live guarantee.
- Customers in Hawaii are responsible for importation regulation.
- Rates are calculated by the website during checkout. A shipping calculator is available here.
- Customers will receive an email with tracking info when the order is shipped. Also a customer may track there order by going here.
- Local customers may pickup items in lieu of paying shipping. Use contact info below for pickup.
- We use green environmentally friendly shipping materials. Most of the packaging is suitable for composting.
Your complete satisfaction with every order is very important to us. To communicate how we handle returns and other problems with order we have outlined them below.
- Worms Etc is committed to 100% customer satisfaction.
- If you are not satisfied with your order, please contact me by clicking here or using the contact info at the bottom of the page.
- Negligence to take proper care of the worms upon arrival may void guarantee. An example would be allowing worms to remain in a hot mailbox for more than 30 minutes after delivery. Please be available to take your worms inside on delivery day if the weather is below freezing or above eighty degrees Fahrenheit.
- Although rare, if the worms should have perished or suffered a loss in quality during shipment, we will reship you an order without cost to you.
- Due to the perishable nature of worms, we request that you contact us within 48 hours of receiving your worms if they are in an unsatisfactory condition.
- Please do not return worms through the mail without contacting us first.
- All other non perishable product are under a 30 day no questions asked return policy.
- We will refund full purchase price and the cost of shipping and handling paid at purchase.
- Customers will pay return shipping where applicable.
- Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands are not covered by a shipping guarantee. Although we ship on a regular basis to these areas, we do encounter problems on occasion. Please realize worms shipped to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands are at the buyers risk.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.